Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting to get ready to get ready....

I have always been interested in personality types. I love studying people and trying to figure out what makes them tick.  Only after I became a Realtor with Keller Williams did I go to the effort to find out what makes me tick!  It was very revealing to see the results of my DISC assessment and learn that I am clearly a "C".  Put simply, that means that I am careful, analytical, precise, conscientious...and I get bogged down in details.  I fear criticism. I prefer not to verbalize my feelings.

Starting a blog, therefore, has been a challenge to me.

Put my feelings out there for anyone to see??? No way!
Design the blog without much technical expertise?  What if it doesn't look good??
Talk about my experiences, share my opinions, develop online relationships with people I don't know???  Yikes!

But, EVERYONE says I need to do this.....so here I go.

I am a baby boomer. Like many boomers, I'm dealing with elderly parents, and am concerned about my adult children as they move forward in this scary world. The "sandwich generation."  I don't have a lot to offer in regard to the adult children part, but the past few years have taught me A LOT about the elderly.  Because of experiences I have had with my parents, Tom and I determined a few years ago that we would like to expand the seniors division of our real estate business.  I'll probably write more about that later on, but for now, just understand that the focus of this blog will be sharing knowledge, ideas, concerns, and frustrations.  The hope is that I can teach what I have learned, and that I will find others who can teach me.


No comments:

Post a Comment